Sustainable Roseland is an official 501(c) non-profit Public Charity organization formed by the Roseland Environmental Commission to accept tax deductible contributions and gifts for sustainability programs, initiatives, and promotions of environmental education among residents.
The purpose of Sustainable Roseland is to:
- Encourage, solicit, seek and accept contributions of money and property, real and personal, tangible and intangible, restricted, designated or unrestricted, and to maintain, use and apply the whole or any part thereof (income and principal) to increase and promote environmental awareness, education and sustainability to ensure the economic, environmental and social well-being of Roseland to the benefit of current residents and visitors as well as future generations, in ways accepted by the Borough of Roseland’s governing body, the Roseland Borough Council.
- Seek, and assist the Borough of Roseland’s Environmental Commission, a commission organized by ordinance of the Roseland Borough Council, the Roseland Green Team or other local environmental interest groups, to seek grants, endowments and other contributions from individuals, corporations, Corporations and local, state and federal governments, their agencies or commissions.
- Use appropriate means consistent with the policies of the Borough of Roseland and its Environmental Commission and Roseland Green Team, to achieve the purposes of the Corporation.
- Enter into contracts with other persons and corporations under which the Corporation would carry out any and all of the above activities for the Corporation.
- Carry on any activity and to deal with and expend any such property or income therefrom for any of the foregoing purposes, without limitation, except such limitations, if any, imposed upon the use of such property, or any portions thereof, by the donor, the Certificate of Incorporation, or any other limitation prescribed by law, provided (a) that no activity shall be such as is not permitted by a corporation exempt from Federal Income Tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or as deductible under Section 170 (c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code; (b) that the Corporation shall not attempt to influence legislation by propaganda or otherwise, nor shall it intervene in, or participate in, any political office; and (c) that no part of the net earnings of the Corporation shall go or inure to the benefit of any member, Trustee or private individual.
Sustainable Roseland Bylaws
Download the Sustainable Roseland Bylaws here.
Sustainable Roseland Conflict of Interest Policy
Download the Sustainable Roseland Conflict of Interest Policy.
Sustainable Roseland 501c3 Letter
Download the Sustainable Roseland 501c3 Letter.